Equal parts legal strategist and courtroom psychologist, Jim Parkman has built a reputation as one of the Criminal Defense Bar’s genuine thought leaders.
Parkman first attracted national attention for his successful 2005 defense of former HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy—who was indicted by the U.S. Government in one of the first Sarbanes-Oxley cases, and acquitted of all 36 charges brought against him.
Parkman’s media experience includes over 100 broadcast interviews, feature profiles and mentions. With his rich Southern baritone, and an uncanny knack for presenting complex legal topics in easy-to-understand terms, Jim Parkman enjoys national stature as both a savvy trial analyst—and one of America’s leading Criminal Defense attorneys.
NOTED CLIENTS INCLUDE
- Richard Scrushy (HealthSouth)
- Kwame Kilpatrick (Former Detroit Mayor)
- Parkman resigned before Guilty plea was entered
- Bo Stefan Eriksson (Gizmodo Europe)
- Sammy Lightsey (Peanut Corporation of America)
- Harri Anne Smith (Alabama State Senator)
- ABC News
- CBS News
- Fox News
PRINT / WEB PROFILES & COMMENTARY INCLUDE
- New York Times
- Los Angeles Times
- Washington Post
- USA Today
- US News & World Report
- The American Lawyer
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Journal
- Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers Association (2011)
- Inside the Minds, Defense Strategies for Drug Crimes (2010)
LAW SCHOOL GUEST LECTURER (TOPICS)
- “Effective Cross Examination”
- “Closing Arguments”
- “Protecting Yourself from Corporate Fraud”
BAR ASSOCIATION PRESENTER
- Alabama, Florida, Texas, California, etc.